Fertilizer Update by Rob Fritz

Rob Fritz We are seeing pricing for all products climb steadily as we go into the fall season. This trend will likely continue up to the winter months; after that, we will watch the market. If commodities continue to be high, expect fertilizer to follow. We are still unable to price any 10-34-0 and have no idea when we will see it priced. Call me at 1-800-274-3389. Click here to send Rob an e-mail.

Equipment Tips by Jim Goodale

How to Read a UN Label

Over the last month, I have shown you what to look for on your chemical mini bulk tank to know if it will be approved under the new regulations. The last item I want to explain to you is the UN label (Figure 1). The UN label is a marking or decal on the tank that gives valuable information about when the tank was manufactured and what standards it was tested for. Most Ag chemicals only require a lower level Package Group III tank. Only a very few products require a Group I or Group II tank. The most important item to look at on the UN label is the date on the last leak proof test. Any tank that is going to be used for hazardous products is required to be leak proof tested every 2 ½ years. A leak proof test is done by pumping air into the tank to a specific pressure (this pressure is based on the package group of the tank). If the tank can hold that pressure for one minute without leaking, then that tank can be recertified for another 2 ½ years. Leak proof tests should only be performed by certified manufacturers and reconditioners. Give us a call at 1-800-274-3389 if you have any questions. Click here to send Jim an e-mail. [table “1” not found /]
[table “3” not found /]
[table “2” not found /]